Smart Phone Derringer

I like the looks of it, and I'll probably want one. Maybe I'll buy two; form 1 one as an AOW and drill a big hole through the grip so that it can be fired while it still looks like a phone!

I hope they make it with a spring loaded "switchblade" grip.

The only problem with these phone guns is that when technology moves on they just look like funny relics.

I just spoke to the CEO at Ideal Conceal. They'll have working prototypes available in the next few months, and are on-target for a release date in June. I'm trying to wrangle access to said prototypes. Yes, there will be video if that happens.

I'll share information as the correspondence continues.

I share the concerns about intimidation value, but I think this is intended as a back-up/secondary weapon more than a primary carry piece. That's the role I envision using it it. I'm also wondering when/if other calibers will become available; I'm not as sold on .380 as some folks.

This phone gun is still a dream. May turn out to be a vapor gun. Many have been marketed and never made it. Some have come and gone. The Bondhus CL380 Palm Pistol? https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ch...ocket-carry-the-bondhus-cl380-shot-show-2014/ They turn into neat collector pieces.
My Downsizer and Stinger

699505d1402051722t-glimpse-my-little-collection-downsizer-pengun-2.jpg

Remember this one for Seniors? http://therighttobear.com/whats-a-palm-pistol-and-why-is-it-being-marketed-to-seniors/

Attachments

• ds p 2.jpg
    ds p 2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I've never heard of the Bondhus CL380 Palm Pistol - thanks for the info. I'd love to have one! I've always wanted the pen gun too - bid on many; won none

By launching a PR campaign to work up interest, Ideal Conceal might have shot themselves in the foot. There is enough "anti" sentiment (most of it nonsense) that ATF might be forced to evaluate it, and will quire possibly put in the AOW category.

Jim

It makes me wonder how many cell phones will be broken when cops pull up and tell suspects to drop them on the ground just to be safe.

I think this may be a bad idea.

I saw the Mayor of New York give a press conference and it actually looked like he had one.
From what he said it sounded like if we allow that gun on the market more people will die because of it than died in WW1.
In other words it will bring the end of the world.

Having grown up in the days of landlines I'm still amazed by what my smartphone can do. I'm also not at all impressed by this gimmick.

If they come into being, I think the lawyers will have the most gun fun since the Ring of Fire. It's an accident/lawsuit waiting to happen, imo.

There are smaller better engineered, more concealable weapons than a 2 shot novelty. And they cost less and have good reviews.
Someone will likely die with this gun in their hand because it's a joke when it comes to self defense.

Back