Smallest Grip for a Lady Smith M60

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

Hi all. My wife has a Lady Smith M60 .357mag and is looking for the smallest grip available for concealement purposes. It has beautiful wood grips on it now, but they extend a good portion below the flat bottom of the frame. She wants something flush fitting and thinner if possible. Please include a web address where it can be purchased. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

I believe that the "old-style" service stocks that came on S&W's--and are sometimes referred to as "Magna" grips--are the smallest, most-concealable that can be put on a J-frame...FWIW, my Wife purchased a Model 60 "Ladysmith" some years ago, and it came with a smooth, nicely-grained set of the older-style grips on it...based on our experience with them, I'd get a pair that were checkered!!!....mikey357

The smallest you can get are the factory wood grips that are basically the size of the frame. Pick up a used pair at the gunshows for 15-20 bucks and then sand them down with a dremel. You can remove the SW emblem easily and fill the hole and refinish them in any color you wish. I did a pair for my 342PD and use them in conjunction with a Tyler T grip. They are great for pocket carry. Control is a little tricky.

I have three pair of stock J frame, round butt stocks. All are tiny, and I hate em! Best fix IMHO is the Ahrend from Pickagrip.com, which are on all my J frames. If you want a stock set, send me a snail mail address, and you can have a pair for free. Gary

Back