Smallest .357mag

Zundfolge

Who makes the smallest (overall diminsions, not weight) .357magnum revolver?

And I'm talking a revolver (not a Derringer or Pepperbox type weapon)

I'd go with a J-frame too. Though I believe Taurus also makes a 5-shot of similar dimensions, as does Charter Arms?

Taurus 605

Zundfolge, I've got what I consider to be a pretty doggone small .357 in that little old Taurus 605 5-shot. It's small enough that I consider it fairly unpleasant to shoot with .357 in it. So I mostly use .38spec. I do keep it loaded with .357 for self-defense purposes when I'm not target shooting.

Hey! Why are you departing the Sunflower State to join the Great Unwashed out there in Colorado? Was it something we said? :confused: . :p

I assume by your question that you want a hideout gun. The lightweight/airlite series from S&W is what you need.If you're an advanced revo shooter it's the way to go,however, the lightness of the gun precludes much practice. The Scadium guns are 10 to 11 oz. put are awful spendy. Used Ti. guns are around and that's what I have. One good thing about 'em is the ones I've shot DO shoot POA so you really don't need to practice with them much.
The onlt way to describe the recoil is 'fearce'.best.....dewey

Hey! Why are you departing the Sunflower State to join the Great Unwashed out there in Colorado? Was it something we said?

Colorado has 2 things that Kansas will NEVER have

Mountains

CCW

(no, I don't believe Kansas will ever have CCW unless we get some sort of Federal CCW, and maybe not even then ... I've never seen more RINOs then the Kansas Republicans in state government ... the real Republicans all leave, keep their mouths shut or run for national office :rolleyes: )

The Taurus model 605 is built on the .38 spcl mod 85 platform and weighs about 23 oz. It comes with a full-sized 4-finger rubber grip but you can order the much smaller boot grip in either rosewood or rubber and reduce the size of the gun considerably. I've done just that; the rosewood grips are beautiful and expensive ($40) but it makes all the difference in the world for pocket carry and accessibility. What you basically have is a mod 85 that shoots .357's. Then, there is always the S&W Mod 340 (good grief.....small AND light!)

Back