Small size Plastic Oil Bottles, with side Spout.

I am looking for this type of Bottle shown here in 8oz. I would like to get 2 oz. or 4oz. Some have the Spout in the air like this one, some have it straight and slanted back. I cant believe I can't find them on any ones catalog, under 8 oz. I can find the 2 ox. with the metal pointed spout, and that is it. Paul

Attachments

• 369118.jpg
    369118.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 86
Timesavers sells the empty small bottles like that for use with mechanical clock and watch oils. It has a steel needle for the application of the oil. You should be able to fill it with any type oil you desire. It would be good on a work bench but not so much for a carry item. They also have oil pens that you could actually put in your shirt pocket like a fountain pen. I would not recommend it for shirt carry but they are smaller and very handy for carry. You would have to empty the clock oil and replace it with gun oil. I think it holds about an ounce.

Here is a link to that section of their catalog: https://timesavers.com/c-325925-oils-lubricants.html

Do a search for "Wash Bottle". That's what that configuration is called. You won't
find them labeled in ounces---all that scientific stuff is in ml. 29.6 ml per oz, so a
50 ml is roughly 2 oz, 100ml is 4 oz etc.

Those bottles are easy to make a mess with... Lost count the times I grabbed one and sent the contents on the table.

A needle tipped bottle is better for lubricant, unless you have a specific use case in mind where the other is better.

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone know where to find really good small oil containers that won't leak (ever) and also have the ability to dispense a tiny amount of oil. The option that I'm thinking of are the vape oil containers.

Lucas Oil makes some small applicator bottles that seem to be pretty leakproof.

https://lucasoil.com/products/out-door-line/lucas-oil-applicator

There are other similar bottles out there, but the rubber/plastic stoppers don't always fit tightly. These seem to be a very tight fit. Mine haven't leaked so far, but I don't lay them down on their side or upside down and I haven't thrown them around either so I guess I haven't really torture tested them.

I've had decent luck with these Brownells needle oiler bottles but they don't seem as heavy duty and I'm less confident in their ability to remain leakproof over time or under heavy use. The rubber/plastic stoppers come off pretty easily and I don't use the bottles for anything other than a bench situation where they're going to remain upright and won't get bumped around.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...e-bottles/needle-oiler-bottles-prod44434.aspx

Washbottles: I suggest drill a tiny vent hole in the top.Put your finger over it to squirt.Otherwise temp and barometer changes will cause dribbling.

A little bottle that will fit in an AR Magpul grip is a Visine bottle. Just label carefully. CLP is poor eye lube.

That Lucas bottle looks a lot like the ones used for soldering flux...

In fact, that might be a good idea to look for... They have several different sized needles for them.

Back