Small Rifle Primers Available

They have lost their minds lol.....wait a minute, I meant the consumers have lost their minds. I will throw rocks before paying that price for factory primers not to mention that crap they are peddling.

I recall Jeff Cooper suggesting one should keep a good stock of 22 Long Rifle as he foresaw, in a post-apocalyptic world, that these cartridges would become a medium of exchange due to scarcity making them valuable. Primers look better from the standpoint of compactness, but handloaders are not as common as owner's of 22 LR guns, so the selling of primers for exorbitant prices depends on civilized avenues of communication to get the buyer and seller together. Not quite post-apocalyptic media.

If we ever get out of this hoarding of ammo... I will be stocking up on my hornet and 222 supply's. Then I can take all of that toilet paper out of my gun vault and stock pile primers... :D

"pull down primers "? Can you say "etched boltface" ? This is a peek at how desperate people are getting from lack of pre-planning.

I was at Cabelas last Tuesday and they had bricks and 100 ct CCI boxes of Small Rifle.

IUaMaYYl.jpg

Oh how I miss 100 primers for 2-3 bucks. I also have to find new favorites for my 222 rem. and 22 K hornet. Remington wiped them out. especially for the Hornet.

They have lost their minds lol.....wait a minute, I meant the consumers have lost their minds. I will throw rocks before paying that price for factory primers not to mention that crap they are peddling.
ah the good ol days, (earlier this month) when primers were just $75 for 1000 for recovered primers such a bargain. Now they are going for $250 per 1000 on gunbroker......

I was at Cabelas last Tuesday and they had bricks and 100 ct CCI boxes of Small Rifle.

When mentioning the availability of a product like powder primers or any reloading component it helps to mention which outlet. Cabela's say nothing. Cabela's where? I use the Cabela's in Avon Lake, Ohio and also the Columbus, Ohio location. Just saying Cabela's really doesn't tell anyone much of anything.

Ron

Reloadron said:
When mentioning the availability of a product like powder primers or any reloading component it helps to mention which outlet. Cabela's say nothing. Cabela's where? I use the Cabela's in Avon Lake, Ohio and also the Columbus, Ohio location. Just saying Cabela's really doesn't tell anyone much of anything.

Ron

Maybe Logs was NOT saying a location so as to keep the meager supply of in-stock primers all to himself when he returns to Cabela's ? Kinda like when a fisherman posts a catch pic of a huge 7# largemouth bass and shows a pic of an undisclosed body of water ? Good strategy for minimizing more panic.

One would assume primers in the Cabelas/BassPros supply chain is a good thing, period.
Yes, check your local store, if you lacked the foresight to pre-supply.

Back