Small rifle primers at midway . . .

Prof Young

Midway has small rifle primers in stock for mail order. $76 a brick. With tax and hazmat it's over $100. Bought some anyway. There will still be a significant savings on a per shot basis for my 223.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Wow.

Yeah, I can believe that. And they were only allowing one brick per customer. I jumped on it as soon as I saw the notice from them.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Well its hit and miss. I saw powder on the LGS store the other day. Shotgun powder but it was like sighting a DoDo bird!

Shelf space was 3 high by 3 wide so they have been getting some in.

Primers are next!

I got lucky and just scored 5000 S&B SRP’s for $400.00 from a local private sale. I’m planning on using them in my pistols since I already have over 10,000 SRP’s in stock. I was down to my last 3500 SPP’s and getting nervous, although I have about 12000 loaded up in 9mm, .38sp, and .357mag that I’ve yet to shoot.

I've been able to get 2 bricks at a time thru Brownell's for the same cost, pricey yes, but I don't see the price coming down anytime soon. You can "think" about the opportunity, a knee jerk reaction is best if you really want or need them in the cabinet.

Last edited:
I got lucky and just scored 5000 S&B SRP’s
I used S&B small rifle primers in 9mm a while back. My striker fired Glock would not always ignite them. I think they use harder or thicker cups. They went bang every time in my hammer fired Ruger P89.
I've used CCI Srp's in 9mm which my Glock had no issues with.

The CCI 400 SRPs as of 7:57 PM are available at about $76 per 1,000 package. Never thought I would see small rifle primers costing that much.

Ron

Back