• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Small Graphics Job needed

Rich, I will never lay claim to being a guru, but see if this attachment works.

Regards from AZ

Attachments

• on.gif
    on.gif
    884 bytes · Views: 22
Thanks, both of you.
I put Joe's up. Works great....was drivin' me nuts the other way.

Jeff-
The attachment feature limits attachments in size. If everyone acts responsibly, it shouldn't be any problem.

Now...
Either of you guys feel like changing the colors of all the top buttons and icons at the bottom of the posts to the blue used in the Staff Use button....you can take days for that one.
Rich

Rich,

I have just about exhausted my graphic editing capabilities on that one graphic. This sounds like a job for Super Jeff! :)

Joe

BTW: I think the colors of the existing buttons look fine...

Rich, that's Joe's way of saying he looked at the graphics, and realized it will take a good deal of time to make them look similar. ;)

I'm a hacker when it comes to PaintShop Pro. Never read the book ... just play with it. I'll see what I can do. It will be a learning experience.

Regards from AZ

I was half right. I need the purple buttons (User CP on top and all others in posts) changed to blue. Unless you're famailiar, don't go nuts. We'll have Shaun, Son or Oleg do it....they just don't know it yet! ;)
Rich

Did you want to keep the little pictures on the buttons and just change the back to blue or do you want them to look like the rest of the buttons?

Shaun-
Good morning! Long night, huh? I like the little icons in the buttons....just wanna get the rest of it blue. L'il hammer icon on the Staff Use button would be nice, but I don't want to push my luck.

Aside to Jeff: See, I told ya! :D
Rich

I tried. I don't know Paint Shop Pro as well as I thought. :( Sorry.

I tried to work on one of the buttons too. The online Gif Works program that I use won't work for what you want because the background color on the buttons is not "one" color. It is varying shades of blue/purple so it is hard to simply replace one color with another...

Joe

How does this look:
reply.gif

I can do others tomorrow, if needed.

-Dave

Shaun-
Wow! Thanks. Looks great and you even gave me the hammer!

Dave-
I put your Post Reply up. I think it washes out a bit, being on a blue background. I think we need to come up with better "New Thread" and "Post Reply" designs or colors.
Rich

Here's another option.

The red matches the banner.

reply.gif

On the other hand, it stands out too much with the rest of the blue. Think of some color schemes and I'd be glad to help too.

Back