small compact 9mm?

sjones

I am trying to find a compact 9mm for ccw that is dependable and accurate above all else,but I don't have much money. I hear the sa-9 is no good,bought a p-11 and its a pos. I can't shoot a glock 26 worth a darn. What is left?Does cz make a compact pistol.Right now I have a springfield lwcompact that I love but it is too heavy to carry for very lon because I'm getting arthritus in my hips and they start to hurt. I also have a p-32 that i like also and it fits right in my pocket,but I wanted something with more bite. Or do you think that is enough gun to do the job?any suggestions?

I was gonna recommend the Kel-Tec P-11, but you said that you already tried one. I'm suprised that the one you had (have?) is a POS. Mine has worked great, so have many others and even if you had some problems, they have a good service department.
If your willing to spend a little more, I've heard many great things about the Kahr.
Good luck

Kahr K9, MK9, or P9. Great little guns. The MK9 is the smallest, but all steel so it is heavy. Some people don't like the short grip. The K9 and P9 let you get all your fingers on the grip. The P9 is polymer, the K9 all steel.

M1911

9mm compact

David,I shipped my p-11 back to the factory,now I will have to see what it does when I get it back.It kept jamming on me,but I was using reloads. I will try factory bullets when I get it back and see what happens. sj

I have been shooting a new P-11 for about a month now and am really impressed. The long heavy trigger takes some getting used to but once I started getting it I was very surprised how accurate this little gun is for the money spent. I only shoot factory ammo so far though.

CZ-75 PCR

Sjones,

To answer your question, Yes!, CZ does make compact 9MM's. I like the CZ-75 PCR version because of its lighter, alloy frame and Novak type sites. Its a great shooter and holds 10+1 of 9MM. It will feed anything and is accurate and reliable. If you want to spend some more $$$, I'll give my now stock recommendation. HK P7M8 is a slim and ergonomic joy to shoot. Holds 8+1 or 13+1 in its slightly larger version, the P7M13. Recently a lot of positive discussion on the Walther P5 and P5c and Sig 225. Can't go wrong with any of these, but anything German or Swiss is more $$$, especially the HK and Walther. Czech out the CZ75 PCR!

Or just get a Makarov in 9MM Makarov caliber (9x18).

Pilot

Check out one of these. IThe Jerico Compact from Isreali Military Industries. Single or double action. Accurate SS barrel and comes with a 13rd mag for 299.00 from CDNN. I have a full size and it is very accurate and well made.There are mags galore available for these guns and they are built tough..They also have the UZI 40S&W compact in a ploy frame for 329.00

CDNN's number is 800-588-9500

I have been successfully shooting reloads from my Kel-Tec P-11 for about 9 months. The only problem I had was the magazine catch broke. I emailed them about it and had a new catch and spring at my home in 4 days. I installed them in about 3 minutes and it has been great since. Jim Hall

Back