Slip on recoil pad for Model 70

southjk

I've got my Grandfather's '48 Model 70 in .30-06 and it kicks like a <insert something that kicks a LOT>. It has a metal butt plate and I don't want to remove it as I want to keep it all original. Is there a recoil pad I can slip on the end for when I shoot it and just slip off when done? My shoulder would be most grateful.

Get a LimbSaver slip on recoil pad. They are simply the best out there. I use one on my 45-70s when I'm developing heavy loads and they take an unbearable gun and actually make it fairly easy to shoot. They come in different sizes to fit different guns. Check Cabela's, I think they have them or MidwayUSA.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks guys! My last time out I had a towel in the back of the car that I folded up and hung over my shoulder. I think this will be better. :rolleyes:

And of course when you had finally had enough of shooting the thing you could LITERALLY 'throw in the towel'.

"Shooters Friend", very good if you don't want to fit a non stock recoil pad. And yes there are better made recoil pads than Limbsaver.with better materials.

Back