Sling usage info

Keifer

Does anyone know of a website or book that details the proper use of the various types of slings? I keep hearing about the Ching sling and I've seen them mounted on rifles in magazines but I can't figure the purpose of the second attachment point. Also, what's a "hasty" sling?

Maj. John Plaster's book The Ultimate Sniper has a short section on slings. It covers the Hasty Sling, the Deliberate Sling, and the Very Hasty Sling techniques. I don't see any mention of a "Ching Sling".

When you talk about the second attachment point, do you mean the second swivel stud? The second stud is typically used for mounting a bipod.

erick what is up with your email.i cant seem to get you.?whats the grasshopper snacht about?

ps email me and ill tell you about ron and his fire fighting course???hehehe

erick.i got a return email from you that indicates somthing about spammail.do you have me blocked somehow inevertantly?

jcoyoung, the "Ching Sling" is fairly new; I found a link from, I think, at one of the Jeff Cooper monthly-essay sites.

One thing about using a sling: If you sight in off a bench-rest without using the sling, and then shoot with a tight sling, the pressure on the stock will be very, very different. So, slings work best with free-floated barrels.

FWIW, Art

Back