Sling too long: what to do?

MCab

I have this sling

And it's too long. Butt of the stock hangs almost below the nipple line. I've cinched it up as tight as I can, to no avail. Anything I can do besides buy a new sling?

I don't have any experience with that sling, but if you've adjusted it as tight as it can go I can't see much else you can do.

If you end up getting a different sling, I highly recommend the Viking Tactics Padded sling. It's a two-point sling that's easily tightened and loosened with one hand, and you can adjust it to a huge range of adjustment depending on how you mount it. Here's a link:

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2.htm

I prefer the padded version over the original because it doesn't dig into your neck as much. That why I prefer this sling over the Magpul 2-point sling; the Magpul is a great sling but it's not padded and therefore it's not as comfortable.

I find that hard to believe it looks like it has at least 15 inches of adjustment on it. Are you using it as a two point or single point sling??

I use a 3 point sling and have no problems with the rifle riding just below my chest, leaves my arms free for pistol use and drawing a second pistol from my tactical vest if needed.

Jim

I'm using it as a two-point. It's attached to a piece of paracord at the back of the stock. I think if I move the sling attachment loop on the buffer tube out and attach it there, it might improve things. I'm learning how to do that now.

I use a rail adapter to attach the sling as well as using the stock for attachment. This allows the rifle to ride flat across the chest and body. Takes the rifle out of the way but still leaves it ready to be re-ingauged and ready to fire.

Jim

Back