Slim ear muffs??

Lavan

I have 2 pair of electronics and am looking for a ...slim... passive style for shooting 22 rifle outdoors.

What should I get? :confused:

If you are just shooting .22 LR, why not just use a pair of ear plugs? Get the good kind with 33 db of noise reduction and call it a day.

+1 on the ear plugs. I'm a firm believer in wearing hearing protection, and muffs are the best. If you find them uncomfortable, simple ear plugs should be sufficient for shooting .22lr rifle outdoors. Revolvers are a bit louder.

Pelto and plugs, as needed. .

Peltor makes a low D/b set of ear-muffs and as I recall, they call them shotgun muffs. Look at this Peltor line and pick the lowest protection and if you need just a bit more, put in some earplug as well. The protection of each one is additive. …. :)

Be Safe !!!

I not only use custom audiologist neoprene plugs but also a 28" bbl and SV ammo and my ears are so damaged that I can still feel the effect.
So I want to add muffs and try it.
If that doesn't work I'll quit shooting,

Although 22 pistol with plugs and the active muffs seems ok.

So far. :(

Peltor Shotgunner

These have recesses in the domes to mimimize intereference with the stock.
Been using them for rifle for decades.

Peltor Shotgunner and plugs

Peltor Shotgunner
These have recesses in the domes to mimimize intereference with the stock.
Been using them for rifle for decades
jcj54
Thanks That was the name, of the Peltors, I was trying to remember. I always carry them in my kit, along with the plugs. I can still get a good cheek-weld with this model. If I have a young shooter with me, I let him use the Peltors. …. ;)

Be Safe !!!

If I can only have one type of hearing protection, I will choose muffs. I say this simply because muffs shield a larger area from the impact of sound waves. The effects of conduction is also a concern for me, not just sounds going into my ear hole.

Long ago I figured out that plugs and muffs were the best.

If either is sub marginal you have the other to help out.

Training safety finally caught up and recommended that as well.

Back