Slide Follow

Mossyrock

I just purchased a real nice 1st year production Lightweight Commander today. The only problem is, the hammer follows the slide during the firing cycle. It only does it when the trigger is to the rear. What's the problem?

------------------
Mossyrock
Curmudgeon In Training

If you're saying that the hammer goes all the way down when you have the trigger depressed, that, of course, is bad news. This could be something as bad as incorrect geometry on sear/hammer juncture, or something as simple as not enough overtravel on the trigger. There are several different scenarios where this could occur. I think the first thing I would look for would be sear spring tension to insure that the disconnector is being pushed up/out. Of course, please make sure that a qualified person takes a look at it.

Mossyrock, as Crowshooter said, this could stem from a couple of different things other than the sear/hammer engagement the most common of which is the sear spring adjustment. I recommend you have it checked by a competent smith. Some previous owner might have been a do-it-yourself type and botched a trigger job. George

Back