Sky Marshall qual and targets?

007Dragon

Inactive
For my local IDPA club I would like to set up the Sky Marshall qualification and am in need of the proper targets and information on the actual qualification itself (distances, times, etc)

Who can help?..

Thanks!

Dave

Sky Marshal

If you go to the web site:

http://www.kuci.org/~dany/firearms/all_drills.html

and looks towards the bottom, you will see a section entitled "Federal Air Marshal Tactical Pistol Course (TPC)." This supposedly is what the Air Marshals use to qualify. At the bottom of the section, it says that the info is courtesy of Dean Speir, who I believe frequents this board. You might want to try to get a hold of him for more info...

Hope this helps...

Regards,
SMHeaton

DO You Have MS Publisher

007DRAGON,

If you have access to Microsoft Publisher, I can e-mail you a file that has the Air Marshal test all laid out comlete with a 8.5x11 color dry fire practice target. I tried ( last year) to get my local IDPA club to do this as a charity exercise. Pay $5 bucks and do the test - money goes to organization that can put it to good use. I even volunteered to supply the targets (FBI-Q type), but no one seemed interested at the time. I may now try again since the subject of Air Marshalls has been in the news. The test is very tough and I think that perhaps only 10% of our club shooters could pass it.

If you would like a copy of the file contact me at

sgt-winters@copmail.com

Does this air marshall qualification test also include hostage shoot/no shoot scenarios?

Because, IMO, any situation involving a hijacker should now include that hostages are non-entities that can be shot as/if required.

I wouldn't want the air marshalls limited by some silly requirement to not risk a hostages life if he/she is being threatened or used as a shield. Better to kill the hostage and the terrorist (2 dead) than risk the plane being used as a flying bomb (thousands dead).

Now, of course, the need to actually hit flesh, and not airplane, would still be of highest priority. Wouldn't do to kill the terrorist if a stray shot took out some vital component that ended up causing the plane to crash and burn anyways, right?

Your welcome. You may want to thank Stephen with Park City Tactical for making it available on a web page.

TEX

Back