sks

bullet44

Could anyone give me the approx. value on
an SKS attached clip, fixed bayonet,like
new. Made in China I believe. Dont know
much about the SKS.

thanks

------------------

The SKS is a fine rifle. They are super accurate and are near impossible to jam. A China SKS in very good condition, fixed mag and bayo will normally cost around $250. If it is a "war trophy" and not an import then it could run a little higher to a collector. The BEST SKS's are the Russian versions, they have milled parts and not stamped like the ones from China. Russians will run from $250-350 depending on condition. If the rifle has a black bolt then its probably a arsenal rebuild and will be worth less. Look for matching numbers and a polished bolt.

[This message has been edited by FireForged (edited March 20, 2000).]

Good info Fireforged, but you must have gotten in a typo when you said the SKS was "super accurate." Very few of them are even sub MOA. The average SKS group size is around 4 MOA, I would gruess. Do a search here on SKS, there have been a lot of subjects bout them and you will find out how accurate people's SKS are.

I have two SKSs and love them. They are everything you said, but their accuracy is 5 MOA and 2 MOA each - with picked loads. The 2" grouper I would consider exceptional for an SKS.

Back