SKS vs MAS 49/56

shane

Which of these two is more accurate? More reliable ect ect.

------------------
If we are what we eat, then I'm FAST, CHEAP, & EASY!

Boy what a choice. I have these rifles and I am pleased with both. The mas is chambered in 7.5 french. It funtions reliably and is cnsiderably more accurate than the sks. I had bad luck with the mas chambered in .308. So I bought another one in .308, it didnt work either. So I switched back to the original caliber, and it works great.
The drawback is the ammo, it is not commercially available so I dont know what willl hppen when the surplus supply runs out. The sks on the other hand has many accessories and many different types of ammo available. My mas will shoot 1.75 inch groups at 100 yards, while the best I can do with the sks (Russian or Chinese) is 4 to 6 inches.
I have scopes on all the rifles,plunked down a c note for the k-var mount for the mas but it is worth it it is top notch. Price wise the mas is a little cheaper than the sks. Both rifles if bought new come with gadgets my sks came with an oil bottle cleaning kit chest pouch sling and a couple of stripper clips. The mas came with 3 mags cleaning kit sling ruptured case remover leather pouch bayonet night sights(they dont glow anymore) and grenade launcher. I know, buy them both and you'll be happy

------------------

Back