SKS trigger pull

-=Mark

Inactive
Hi,

I've got a Chinese SKS and the trigger pull is pretty rough and long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can smooth it out and reduce the length of the pull at home without taking it to a professional smith?

Thanks in advance.

Mark, I don't advise anyone to do their own trigger work. The best SKS triggers at the lowest price I know of is Conneticut Precision Chambering. Randy does them for around $45. I can do the same work but I charge a little more than he does. George

Thanks George,

I understand, but I'd like to learn and try.

Someone mentioned that I can use a fine stone to polish the top of the sear, and that would help with the smoothness.

Does doing this potentially create problems? If so, what? Or, would this not work at all? Or, am I a fool for even wanting to try? lol

Thanks again for the info. I do enjoy tinkering.

I'd even be willing to hear what you have to say via private email if you are not willing to post the info publically.

symmarkp@aol.com

Mark, you can smooth the pull by stoning the SIDES of the trigger parts and anything that they may be rubbing against. A smith can lighten the trigger by the proper stone work on the sear. A novice can do it as well but 9 times out of 10 he tends to turn a safe firearm into onethatfiresfullauto or doesn't function at all. Again, I strongly recommend you to get thyself to a smithery for this work. George

Back