SKS Question "Value"

depends on if it's really a norinco or a chicom type 56.
two very different things that people all to often use interchangeably. type 56 is worth about the same. norinco is worth less.

People were asking $550 - 600 for Yugo SKS at the gun show last week. Is that a general trend or just someone not getting the message the shortage is over :D

People were asking $550 - 600 for Yugo SKS at the gun show last week. Is that a general trend or just someone not getting the message the shortage is over :D

The $400 range sounds more inline right now, however another potential shortage could be just a headline away

gunshow prices are in no way indicative of average retail price.
I've been at a gunshow all weekend.
sporterized mosin nagants were marked at $200 and up.
Ruger MKIIIs were marked $400 and up
Arisaka type 38s were going to $500 with no matched parts to $900 with matched parts.
springfield 03A3s were marked $900 and up.

none of those are worth anywhere near those prices. I agree that yugo SKS are $400 on the high end.

There is also something of a transition going on with many of these surplus guns right now. Except for the the Nagants and Chinese Type 53s the supplies ARE finally running low. Even those rifles now come in spurts whereas you could get them for next to nothing ALL the time a few years back. Also, EVERYONE is cutting up the cheaper rifles, even the rare variants. No one cares whether a Hex receiver is worth $10 more and such.

Would you rather sell one gun a wekend at a $200 profit or 20 guns at a $10 profit? Gunshows seem to be rooms full of suckers anymore.

Just looked the other day and can buy a Chinese SKS with a cracked stock for $215.00. There are lot of SKS stocks around for cheap because of all the tactical idiots buying their wannabe Rambo cool stuff. Think I will buy one and pick up a wood stock for next to nothing. All the upgrading and modifications on an SKS are like putting lipstick on a pig IMO. It isn't going to hit the target any better. On second thought maybe I should buy more and make some money on them.

Just looked the other day and can buy a Chinese SKS with a cracked stock for $215. On second thought maybe I should buy more and make some money on them.

You should buy ten(10) of them. ;)
A little wood filler and you could sell them $275 -$300 quickly or use for barter. Better than $ in the bank!

Back