SKS mags from DC Engineering ???

mhannah1

Tex posted a topic under "the Smitty" about AK mags for an SKS. I told him about some SKS mags I saw at www.rifletech.com (DC Engineering out of Detroit)

If you believe their hype, this sounds like a great mag for a SKS. Anybody with any knowledge/experience using the SKS mags from DC Engineering ?

(I hate to have TEX buy one as the guinea pig, and then find out they are junk)

[This message has been edited by mhannah1 (edited August 05, 1999).]

I had a unmodified Chinese SKS and never could get their 20 round magazines to work. My friend, who is a mechanical engineer with years of firearms experience, could not get theirs to work with his synthetic stock either. Sent them back and got one of their scope and scope mounts which did work well.

[This message has been edited by JBP (edited August 06, 1999).]

Of course, I shouldn't ask it, because you darned well should be able to do what you want, but...

WHY?

10 rounds of centerfire rifle aren't enough, and you're going to thus correct the problem with *another* 10 rounds in your magazine?

The handiness of the SKS is DESTROYED by a 20-rd mag, not to mention that it becomes far-more unreliable, and about 3 times as delicate.

Learn to load stripper-clips rapidly, and you retain the strength, efficiency and handiness of that little bump of a ten-round mag, without giving up much speed at all. Say, 2 second reload as opposed to a 1 second reload.

But don't let anyone tell you you SHOULDN'T have a 20-rounder, just because there's no real NEED for one.

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

[This message has been edited by Long Path (edited August 08, 1999).]

Back