SKS magazine question.

DAL

If you can believe this, I bought a Russian SKS back in early '94 (I think) when I first learned of the new laws against them (I hated the idea of the Govt. telling me I couldn't own something). I've never fired it, and it's languished in my closet for all these years. I did buy a plastic 30-round mag. for it and I took off the fixed, 10-round mag. to see how the 30-rounder fit. Then I put the gun away and, until recently, I haven't thought much about it.

Okay, enough background info. What I want to know is this: How the heck do I reattach the fixed, 10-round mag.? It's been so long that I can't even remember how I took it off, much less how to re-install it.

The manual I bought with the rifle has vanished. Can someone point me to a site with an on-line manual? I vaguely remember viewing a site with an on-line SKS manual, but I don't remember the address.

Thanks for any help you can offer on this matter.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.
GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, NRA

It's quite easy in fact. First pull back the operating handle to cock and then let it close again. Place on safe. Remove trigger assembly by depressing the recessed button behind the trigger guard with a punch or what ever. Remove assembly. Now pull back on operating handle again and insert fixed mag by engaging the lip on the front of mag into recess on underside of barrel. Make the carrier group close over top empty mag and that will hold it in place so that you can reinstall the trigger mech. Tap the trigger assembly into place. I use the rubber coated handle of a hammer to do that. Work action a few times to be sure it works and you're done.

Back