SKS full auto rumor?

What I believe you're describing is called "bump firing" and can be done with most semi-automatic centerfire rifles.

One way to do it:
The gun is held at waist level and the thumb is inserted through the trigger guard and hooked in a pocket.
The gun is then pulled forward with the off hand so that the thumb trips the trigger.
After firing, the recoil drives your rifle back and the pressure of your off-hand pulls it forward again, firing another shot.
Repeat until the rifle stops.

I've seen it done, but never done it myself. It's wasteful and inaccurate, but if it does it for you, have fun.

The way I was instructed to bump fire is just like Ben described, except by using your trigger finger and middle finger instead of thumb. I like to do it with my SKS, but the damn wolf ammo has gotten too rare to waste lately.

I was shooting an SKS once about 5 months back when it shot twice for no apparent reason. We couldn't get the firearm to do it again, though.

slam fire

i understand that if you either install the firing pin bakwards or if the pin isnt clean, when you fire the rifle it might just empty itself, not exactly full auto, since even if you let off the trigger it dosent stop.
just make sure your firing pin dosent get stuck.

Cosmoline in the FP channel can make them go full auto

I also had a primer on some wolf ammo extrude back over the tip of the fp which caused it to rip through the rest of the mag

Unfortunately there were only a couple rounds left:D

it's an incredibly unsafe condition when the FP is stuck like that. Yeah, it's "full auto" but runs a high risk of firing out of battery, which is dangerous.... Clean yer SKS'!

Bump Firing the SKS can cause it to fire out of battery, too, but not as likely...

"firing out of battery" means the round fires but its not in the chamber. Right?

If so I can't see a thing on earth that would make me want to do it. Also for people who don't know better, this is more of "how to make my gun malfunction" than "how do I make it shoot auto".

Any non-full auto weapon that is "tricked" into firing full auto runs at least some risk of riring out of battery, albeit usually a very small one....

Back