SKS Factory 26

BoogieMan

Looking at a Chinese SKS made at factory 26. Seller says that it is a fiberglass jungle stock. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Was there a fiberglass jungle stock from factory or is that some aftermarket add on?
What would be a fair price to pay in todays market for such a rifle in good+ condition?

Yes there was a fiberglass "Jungle Stock".

IMO the /26\ stamped rifles (Jianshe armory) are the best Chinese models, the earlier ones were made just like the Russian SKS. I have a 1967 Jianshe armory that appears to be some sort of police issue.

A ton of SKS info here http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-1.htm

As far as price, I feel most of the ones I see for sale today are over priced. I personally wouldn't pay more than about $300 for any SKS, I bought my SKS for $89 in 1993

If he's asking top dollar, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a compete "numbers match" rifle. Virtually all the parts or assembles are stamped or engraved with the SN, these should all match.

I agree with you on being overpriced. Unfortunately I dont have a SKS in my collection so I am going to have to pay market rate. I wish I had jumped on one at $100 years ago. If I stay under $400 depending on what it is I will be happy. $400 being a Tula or something on the more special side. $250-$300 for run of the mill. I have a guy asking $600 for a Yugo. I think he is out of his mind. I told him I would be a buyer at half that.

If the Yugo is a pre-civil war gun, $600.00 is not a bad price. Only a few were imported by American Arms before the civil war stopped all exports of SKS's from Yugoslavia.

I have no idea what period its from . He has 2. One wrapped (for sale) and the other has been used by him. I dont think its anything special. I offered $300ish for the rifle but as expected I am below what he wants to sell it for. I also found many more Chinese SKS for $299. I am happy at that point as they have the chrome lined barrel. Going to talk to my LGS later today and see if he will send them copy of FFL so I can get it on order or if he may have anything

Back