SKS: Chinese v. Russian v. Romanian

ctdonath

What's the difference between Chinese, Russian and Romanian SKS's? I may be able to get a Romanian one for $160, but want to know why it's so cheap, or whether it's a particularly good deal.

I just ordered a Romanian SKS which should be arriving this week. I ordered a Collector's grade from Centerfire Systems for 169.95. It has a threaded barrel and milled parts and I'm hoping that it will be comparable to the Russian version. I own 2 Norinco SKS's and work perfectly. I wish I could go back and buy a couple more for 89.00. At first, when they were cheap, most people thought that they were junky. Now, that prices have gone up, they're thought of a little more highly.

CT,I have a Russian and a Romainian SK. The Russian has a lot nicer finish to the stock,
Whereas the Romainian is pure military surplus. The Russian I bought for a collector and don't use it. The Romainian I bought from SOG as a shooter. The Romainian is a nice rifle and no different than the Russian. I had mine handpicked so I got a nice one. It's a great shooting rifle. I like it.
Hope this helps for what its worth :)

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

Back