SKS Bolts

TEX

I understand that there were some SKS bolts that have a hold open design via a manually operated plunger so that the magazine can be topped of. Any information on this item, where I can get one or how a standard bolt can be converted to one, would be appreciated

The only rifles so equipped (that I can recall) were imported in the 1980s by Navy Arms. Try giving them a call, they may have done that modification in-house. There was a picture of the modified bolt *carrier* in an old American Rifleman article, can't recall the issue (pre-1990, I believe). I'd like to know how it was done, too, if you find any more information please post it here and on "Survivor's SKS Message Board".

Mine has a hold open. Never seen an SKS before I got mine so I thought they were all like this. The mag follower pushes up a plunger, attached to the reciver, which holds the bolt open, then the bolt has a nifty little recess that guides a stripper clip real nice. Once again I thought that all were like this, but since my experience is limited, I am probally wrong. BTW mine was imported by Palomas of CA.

Striker 3,

It only does this when the magazine is empty, right? If so, they all do this I think. I had heard that you could, on some models, get the bolt to hold back for reloading while there were still rounds in the magazine.

Back