SKS Bayonet

like2shoot

Does any part of the 1994 crime bill or any other federal legislation allow or not allow the attachment of a bayonet to a chinese sks imported in the late 80's if it came that way? Thanks in advance for your answers. Jeff

Be sure you are up on your local laws as some states are very sks-unfriendly.

As far as federal law.. If you know for sure that your sks was imported prior to 1994 and imported with a bayonet attached then it is perfectly legal to re-attach said bayonet.

I havn't found much use for them personally but they sure do look cool! Enjoy.

JJR, Thanks for the info. I got it in 88 or 89. The bayonet, a screwdriver type, not the blade type, was attached. It was and is a great gun for the price.

Just don't bring it to Kalifornia. The SKS holds a special bad place in the hearts of CA officials that it certainly doesn't deserve. You would be the prime suspect in any drive-by bayonetings.

The 94 ban had nothing to do with the SKS rifle as it is not an assault rifle. (No detachable mag) In late 89 you PROBABLY could still have an SKS with a bayonett. As long as it came that way you are good. And an SKS can be MADE INTO an assault rifle, but does not come as one There is a ruling somewere that prohibits the import of a Chinese SKS with bayonett , if you put a bayonett on it then you have assembled a rifle banned from import(technically). The Russain SKS falls under C&R and CAN have a bayonett.

Hope this helps
Later
Daren

[This message has been edited by Daren Thompson (edited June 26, 1999).]

I have used the Spike type bayonett as a monopod like a tri pod, just pull it down and stick it in the ground a little. gives some support. Or If I dont have someting to lean my rifle on I will use it to stick my rifle barell pointed down good for thoes times you want to use your hands and want to bend down.

------------------
"Its hard doing nothing, You never know when you are finished."

I think that you are ok with the bayonet as long as there are no other modifications such as a pistol grip stock and most importantly a removable magazine. Check with the BATF...would'nt want you to bunk with other "hardened criminals".

Back