Skinner sight question

Bailey71

This is probably on here somewhere but I can’t find it. I have a new Henry 30-30 HO24 in brass. My eyes are finally going downhill. I find the semi buckhorn ok but I think I’d rather have a skinner peep. I’ve seen where people have mounted them where the factory rear sight is. Would I be able to get a skinner express sight and mount it where it is drilled and tapped? I think it looks better when mounted on the receiver. I found a video where someone mounted one like that on a henry but I can’t find anything on the HO24. Maybe they’re all the same. I’m not sure

I have a Skinner sight and like it a lot, but it's not on a Henry. In looking through the Skinner website info for Henry rifles, it looks like you can mount a Skinner peep sight on top of the receiver using the scope mounting holes. Henry has wisely copied the scope hole pattern from the large Marlin rifles, so the same sights and mounts that are made for the Marlin will fit the Henry. Here's the info from Skinner => Link

There is also a Henry rifle form, located at this Link

They have a Sights and Scopes section where you may be able to find someone with the same setup.

I have a Skinner Express mounted on my BB Steel .38/.357, on the receiver using the mount holes. Love it.

So once you put the skinner express on the henry receiver did you have to change the front sight? There seems to be a lot of talk about the skinner sights. I’m not bashing them at all. I think they look great.
Does anyone have any experience with the Ranger Point Precision (RPP) cloverleaf peepsights? From what I’ve read for a henry, you wouldn’t need to get a taller front sight unless you just want to change it. All I know is I want to put a peep on my brass receiver and go zero it then hunt. I don’t want to have to send it off to a gunsmith for a new front sight.

Back