Skinner peep on Henry

Wendyj

I tried a skinner peep on the barrel of a Rossi 92 in 357 and as much as I fooled with it never got the accuracy I wanted. I've got the Henry brass receiver big boy in it now and want to put one that screws on the back. Wondering if front sight will have to be changed out. I want to keep as authentic as possible. Put a scope on but it just didn't seem right to do so. The sights are ok but I have issues with older eyes picking up the rear. Front I can see ok. Any input.

Was the Rossi shooting high like they are notorious for Wendy? I am about to install a Skinner on my Rossi .44mag and if it is still shooting high at 100yards I plan on filing down the front sight post a bit to drop it.

It shot high no matter how I adjusted it. Also was a real pain to sit at range with brass punch and tap left to go too far. Tap back right. Gone too far. I gave up and had a smith put a tang site on and it's good to go. I want the peep on rear of the Henry because I should just take out the screws and hopefully installed east and west sighting should be no issue.

Filing the front sight

Targa, if you file down the front sight it will shoot even higher. You need a taller front sight.

Back