Sizers of mold blocks

It there a standard mold block size, as to the block itself.
Do all bullet blocks have 8mm cut out there handles fit.
Is there a diagram on internet showing bullet mold blocks or there different external sizers
cheers chris

On the castboolit site a member sells handles & I think he has 4or5 listed .

Lyman has standardized there handles but older molds carry different ones!!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/

Go to the bottom of the page & hit the link to cast pics , you`ll be lookin for Red River Ricks products .

I have no dog in this race , but Rick does make excellent products!!!

Last edited:
re molds

Hi
Thanks, i know lyman handles are about 8mm thick, rcbs are i think 10mm thick, ohaus and ideal are about 8mm thick were the handles fit, i was wondering if anyone knows of a table or page which gives the diamentions of bullet mold blocks(out side measurements).
Nowadays i am told lyman users standard size blocks, my old blocks very in width were the handles fit and the lenght too.
cheers chris

First, welcome to the firingline forums. Then welcome to the bullet casting forum!:D Ain't the internet great, someone from England can ask us yanks questions?

It's not just the thickness or length of the handles that must be considered, it's the location and size of the hole for the screw. I don't know of any table for outside dimensions for mold blocks. But I'd bet that Rick would know, he'd also be able to figure out something to help you out.

Hi Snuffy
I have sent a e mail to rick, thanks for the suggestion and for welcoming me.
Us english dont know all the answers and even we have to ask.
cheers chris

re sizes of mold blocks

Hi
Rick says he can get me information on old blocks, but can anyone help me on getting sizers of modern bullet mold blocks.
cheers chris

Chris ya talkin about sizer dies to size & lube the bullet with????

Do you have a lube sizer???Brand???

Lyman & Ideal single cavity carry "small" handles, modern lyman are all 1 size "large"handles then the 4 cavity clam style handles .

My experience is limited to Lyman & Ideal molds .

re size of mold blocks

Hi GP100 man,
i am talking about the dimensions of the outside of a bullet mold block.
is there a standard size for them now, the older ones come in all sorts of sizers, this is too the length and width of bullet mold blocks.
cheers chris

Block sizes!!1

I understand & answered part of your ?? in my last post.

in simpler times the manufactures used appropriate "sized" blocks for an application , single cavity were smaller than a double cavity & so on .

Now they use the same size for 1&2 cavity blocks mostly .

Custom molds all bets are off , no tellin what you`ll find !!!

Conpanies used to offer 2 different bullets in the same mold , but it`s rarely offered now & if it is it`s pricey$$

Rick can shed more lite on the subject than I , because my exp . is with Lyman, Ideal & 2hole Lees molds only.

If ya got molds with no handles you`re talkin to the rite person!!

GP:cool:

I hope Ive not just confused you even more????

Last edited:
re question

Hi,
Thanks once again.
Now all i need is a table or diagrams of bullet mold block sizes, i hope to find one.
Rick can give me the other info, on older molds
cheers chris

Back