Size comparison between HK P7M8 and Kahr MK9

Therapydude

I realize that the P7M8 is much larger than the Kahr MK9, but how much bigger is it with regard to CC? I'm especially interested in the width of the two pistols (I believe the MK9 has a width of around .90") I was in the market for an MK9, but at a price of $660 (Elite 98 with night sites), I've thought of kicking in a few hundred dollars more and springing for the P7M8. How much harder would it be to conceal the P7M8? Thanks.

I can fit my MK9 in a pocket holster in the front pocket of my jeans. No way you can do that with a P7. The P7 is a very fine gun. But it is larger than a Kahr K9. Similar in size to a S&W 3913, or Sig P239. If you're going to carry in a belt holster, you can do that easily with the P7. If you want the option of pocket carry, then you'll have to go with the MK9.

M1911

Have a K9 Elite & an M8. Much prefer the M8 for CCW. It is more accurate, way quicker to shoot fast, much less muzzle flip, etc. Never bother to carry the K9 but never tire of the M8 for CCW or otherwise. It is just the better gun even if its more $.

Back