Site selection

Hobson

Inactive
I am looking at buying a Sig P229 or P226 not sure which yet. My question is should I get one with adjustable sites or just standard sites? I'm planning on doing IDPA maybe some IPSC down the road. Will the adjustable sites hinder my ablility or does it not matter? Anyone help!

for IDPA...

Regular sights as you may damage or snag clothing on your concealed draw. Also, may have to read the rule book as adjustable sights or sight modifications may not be allowed (not absolutely sure). You would be okay for USPSA but I'm pretty sure not IDPA.

Well I am going to start this out by saying this "Sig P229R, P229R... LOL" I Love that gun, I bought mine about 3 weeks ago and let me say this, Awesome shooting gun, very smooth and the trigger pull in the cocked position is GREAT. The first full pull is a little tricky to get used too, but you will. As for Sights, Mine has the standard non adjustable sights and I wouldnt want it any other way. My Glock 23 came with Adjustable, and I dont care for them, but I use it.

get the P229R Sig you wont regret it.

Back