Single Shot Target?

Model12Win

Does anyone on planet earth still make a decent single shot target pistol? I'm thinking something in .22 LR or .32 S&W Long or .38 S&W Special for dedicated paper target shooting.

We all know of the Thompson Centers but are those the only ones made, and I'm looking for something set up more for target use.

You guys got any leads?

Very few handgun disciplines uses single shots for any course of fire. Free Pistol being an exception.
Thompson Centers are for hunting.

There are a few rather uncommon competitors for the Contender, big heavy guns for long range silhouette and hunting. The Free Pistols are .22 only and expensive.

A hundred years and more ago, S&W made a few of their single shots in light centerfire calibers, .32 and .38 S&W, but mostly .22.

The Jurek single shots were popular in England. Again, mostly .22s, some centerfires.

Free pistols are fun to shoot but shooting a free pistol match is not so much fun. I have this Pardini FP-M and also a TOZ 35 that shoots well but is less refined than the Pardini.

PardiniFPM-1_zps8e8fa167.jpg

Uberti did make a replica Remington Rolling Block a few years ago. Think it was in .22 L.R and .357 Magnum.

Never saw one in the steel, and seem to be few and far between, if at all.

Bob Wright

Back