Single digit Remington Moisin-Nagant

gagliano1770

Inactive
I have been offered an alleged near mint, original Remington Moisin-Nagant with a single digit SN. I have not yet seen this rifle but, it is from a source that over the years has been very reliable. He and I have no idea what the value of this should be. Any thoughts or comments ?

Sight unseen it has no value. Don't talk money until you've had a chance to inspect it.
There is what is essentially a BNIB factory model(absolutely mint and with no serial number.) 1891 Mosin currently on Gunbroker with a minimum bid of $2,999.99 with no bids at all. So the value of any of 'em isn't terribly high anyway.

If it's all original, and in VG or better condition, certainly into four figures.
Condition, and thorough documentation of originality of all components- as well as the alleged single-digit sn (whether it ever went to Russia?)take it from there.

The very best experts are at gunboards.com.
Post over there with a LOT of very detailed pics to get some feedback. Most rifles have had parts changed out and other modifications over the last hundred years, takes a lot of inspection and knowledge.

Back