Simple Gun Kit

ryenglund

Inactive
I am fairly new to the world of firearms, but am very interested in building/assembling a, (preferably under $700), gun on my own. I have a very limited shop set-up, (mainly I don't have access to a welder or a lathe), which limits my options, and I am in no way an expert in the inner workings of firearms. But I thought this would be a perfect way to learn, while adding a gun to my small collection.

I would love to add a carbine to my safe, or something similar. I was going to get a STEN MKII kit, but was told that the build would require a lathe and welder. :(

Also, I know ARs are an easy build, but I already own a customized AR-15, and don't have much need for another.

Any opinions/input is appreciated. Thank you! :)

You can buy a custom action, or even a factory Savage or Remington action and built a nice bolt action carbine. Savage is a little easier as their barrel nut system you don't need to be an expert gun smith to install the barrel.

Also, I know ARs are an easy build, but I already own a customized AR-15, and don't have much need for another.

I said the same thing after I built my first AR. Now I have five AR15s. I built them in different calibers and configurations so I wouldn't have just another AR.

If you want something more challenging, try an AK kit. You will need some specialized tools though.

Back