Simple Beretta 92FS Trigger Job

taco

I picked up a used Beretta 92FS few weeks ago just because the asking price was so good and the pistol was in excellent shape and had 2 factory hi-cap mags.

Tonight I took it to the range for the first time and it shot very well but the double action trigger was excessively heavy in 15 pound range. My other 92FS has about 12 pound trigger and I would like the second one with about same trigger pull.

I have heard that I can exchange the main hammer spring with a one from a standard 1911 Government model. Is this safe (reliable ignition) and how much ligher does the trigger get?

Any personal experiences with this simple trigger job?

if you want the gun to stay reliable put a 92D trigger spring in. this will lighten the DA trigger pull. my 92G Elite has a 92D trigger spring it in and a trigger job on it done by Ernest Langdon, i highly recommend his work.

Russel:

Did you order the spring from Beretta or is there another source for those springs? Reason for asking is that I have had some really bad experiences with Beretta customer service reps and prefer not to deal with them again.

Back