Silencerco Sparrow On Ruger 22/45

Make sure that the threads on the barrel are concentric to the bore before you shoot it with the can on.

Take the gun apart. Put the can on. Look down through the barrel from the receiver end. You should be able to see if the can is lopsided or not. The human eye is pretty good about recognizing if something is centered or off center.

You are going to need to clean the gun more often because of the blow back from the can.

Enjoy.

Here are a couple pics of my 22/45 with a Paclite Upper and SS Saprrow. Its a great shooter and very quiet. One of my favorite pistols!
photobucket-1529-1320874638044.jpg

photobucket-4022-1321795911410.jpg

Did the accuracy testing with & without the can on Monday.
Lab session to measure DB reduction tomorrow.
Chronograph session with & without sometime over the weekend.
Kinda liking it so far. :)
Denis

Lab session done.
I'm liking the combo. :)

Need to pick up a good .22 bolt-action rifle to thread for it now. Markedly quieter.
I foresee a bulk ammo purchase on the near horizon.
Denis

I'm interested to see your DB numbers. I have a 22/45 with the Tac-Sol upper. I have used a Sparrow and also a Gemtech Outback II on it. Just from my ears I notice a bigger first round pop from the Sparrow but it then gets quiter than the Outback. Sparrow is an origional style aluminum core model.

The gun I find from strictly a listening stand point that is the quietest for me is my GSG with both the Sparrow and Gemtech. I would really like to see some numbers on the GSG since most tests have not used this gun.

Averaged out ten-shot strings with 9 loads to a 36 DB reduction.
All loads were actually subsonic, closest to going "sonic" was the Win Hyper Vel Super X.
Denis

Back