Sigs M2 Mauser

Sooner1

Inactive
Looking at purchasing a new handgun and I was considering one of these..I was wondering if anyone has one or has shot one and your opinion of it. I am a big fan of Sig and was interested in it due to it being a capable CCW.

FWIW - I've handled, but not shot, them and I thought the erognomics were quite poor - way too bulky and "chunky" feeling for me, and I have pretty good size hands. It's supposedly not as durable as regular Sigs, as it is sold with the disclaimer that it is not suitable for LEO service. Since a lot of non-LEOs shoot their personal weapons more than many LEO's will ever shoot their service pistols, I'm not encouraged by that statement (tho it'd still probably last most of us a lifetime). I'd save/spend some more $ and go with a 229 - it's similarly sized and of more proven quality, or maybe the smaller 239.

Thanks for the input tree...Very good points on the gun..I agree with the 229...Which is probably what I will end up with..(or a Kimber compact)

thanks again

Have one. Although mine shoots okay enough, I don't think it would be very good for CC. It is a bit thick. If you're looking for a .45ACP for CC, I would pick the P245 over it.

Back