SIGs in 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zentao

I am considering to buy SIG in 9 mm with possibility to use Hi cap mags. I have already SIG 220 .45 and love it.

Which one you would suggest - 226 or 228/229? Will mags from 226 fit 228?

Concealed carry not an issue.

Thank you in advance

Zentao

If you love your 220, I think the 226 would be your best bet, especially since concealed carry is not an issue. (Otherwise, a 225, 228 or 229 would probably be your best bet.) The designs of the 220 and the 226 are virtually identical. They feel the same (even though the 220 is a bit larger, obviously). Hi caps are widely available for the 226 at a price. I acquired my first 226 this weekend and am totally impressed. It's a time-honored piece with a tremendous amount of institutional following. Have fun deciding, and best regards,
Matt

[This message has been edited by MLT (edited November 08, 1999).]

PP226 mags will fit in P228, though they stick out a bit.

One thing to consider: there are lots more hicap magazines for the P226 out there that fit flus with the handgrip.

I also like a fullsized handgun better that the small P228.

Both are nice guns though. No clear winner if concealed carry is ruled out.

Duncan

Go with the Sig 226, since CCW is not an issue. The hi-caps are also cheaper and more easily found...

Greetings Zentao, I agree with the other
poster's; with one exception. If you are
blessed with small hands and/or the gun
is to be used by a female; then I would
choose the P228/P229. I own four Sig's
(220, 226, 228, 229); they are all great
firearms. Hope this helps some.

The 226 is a great nine, and high caps are much more plentaful, less expensive, etc; I have fired both 228 and 226 and the accuracy is pretty much the same, GREAT! 226 will probably be less expensive overall and easier to find these days...

GOOD LUCK...

------------------
SURE SHOT

I'd just like to reiterate the suggestions here. The Sig 226 is the way to go. I've had one for about 5 years now, and it's my favorite handgun. Many many rounds put through it. Never a problem. Great feel, just like the 220.

Cheers,
AKrob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back