Sigma in .40 S&W

rnpollard

My brother has a Sigma that he bought new about 4 years ago. He paid about $500 for it. It has a box of factory ammo fired thru it. He has 3 hi cap magazines for it. One of them is still in the package.

What is it worth?

Thanks for your help.

Rick

New mags go for about 60-70 each.

I think when those first came out they were like 200bucks or something. (I know someone that one direct from SW for 200 or so)

I would sell the mags on an auction site for $50.00 each. I would try to sell the pistol for $225-$250 range. I have a S&W Sigma that I bought new 3 years ago for $279 but it came with 2-10rd mags.

My son has proven the Sigma he has in .40 S & W is surprisingly accurate considering the dreadful double action trigger pull.

It has also had THREE out-of-battery-discharges and has him quite snake-bit about .40 S & W. In every case there was no personal injury, and only once was the gun damaged beyond expulsion of the magazine. (Extractor was lost.) It's a tough gun! Very good ergonomic feel..points well.. In every case the gun was repaired and updated free by S & W.

Group: What are your thoughts on the wisdom of putting a stronger recoil spring from Wolff to reduce out of battery discharges?

Yodar

Probably, it will help a little. I'd advise dumping it completely and get something else. It might also need some fitting around the hood.

Back