sights on a flat top Winchester 1300

leedesert

How can I install sights on my flat topped, bead sight Winchester 1300 20guage. I'ld like something a little mor accurate then the bead sight that's on there now.

On my 1300 I had a smith put a better bead on the end of my barrel and put a small one in the middle. It helped alot.

Shok

It depends on the mission, Lee. What are you using it for?

Both of my "Serious" shotguns have peep sights, and are used with slugs at least part of the time. If slugs are not going to be used, a simple bead is reliable and fast.

A mid bbl bead like Shok mentioned can help get everything aligned, but great stock fit eliminates the need thereof.

I use it primarily use it for home defense but since I don't get robbed every month it get's used more for small game hunting and recreational shooting. I'd like to be able to aim it better for that purpose. In home defense I can point shoot so the sights are not for that.

Most small game hunting and recreational shooting is done with just a bead, Lee. If that's not working for you, try the fiber optic replacement bead. I'd go with just a front one at first.

BTW, HD shotguns are aimed, sporting shotguns are pointed.

Back