Sights and mount for S&W 945

sights and mounts for S&W 945

Thanks, Does the mounts that go on the slide work well and will a red dot siight hold up to the recoil. I only shoot target loads.
Thanks again
Don

It doesn't seem like it would with a red dot sight. I've seen them with Docter sights and maybe the new Burris would work. The only red dot I had was on my Ruger 22/45 and it mounted onto the barrel since it is designed different from the common auto slide. BME should be able to tell you which mount would work best.

sights and mounts for S&W 945

What is a doctor sight? My biggest problem is that I wear mono vision bifocal contacts. One is for far away and one for close up, with one eye I see the sights really well but not the target and the other eye its the other way around. any one have a suggestion. The S&W 945 is a little different then the 1911 so none of the mounts fit.
Don

Don, I wish I could help you more, but I'm not that familiar with the 1911. We are in the same boat regarding eyesight. Just a couple weeks ago I had an eye exam and my up close vision changed to +250. Which means I cannot see my iron sights...a big blur. :mad: My far distance is 20/20 border 20/10. At one time I considered the BME mount and Docter sight for my PC952. The cost changed my mind. You might try the S&W forum for an answer to your question. Good luck.

Back