Sighting in!

Wyoredman

My 12 yr old got her Savage Model 11 sighted in this weekend. I had to make her stop shooting after the 2nd box of ammo, she was starting to develop a flinch! She didn't want to stop!

Antelope season opens next weekend, her first big game hunt and she is more than excited!

I hope her guide (Dad) can get her on a good buck!

I will post pictures after the hunt.

Sure Shot,

That rifle is a .223 Remington. Wyoming just changed their laws to allow .22 centerfire with a bullet of 60gr or larger. She has chosen to use the Federal Fusion ammo with 62gr fusion bullets for her Antelope hunt. I think she will do just fine with the Fusion ammo. She consistently puts every shot in a baseball size group at 100. She hits the 8" gong at 200 every shot also.

Should work just fine on the thin skinned goats of Wyoming!

I found that its so much more rewarding to watch your children succeed hunting or fishing than it is to have success for yourself. Both of my sons 16&18 have landed some large tuna and the younger one has managed 4 deer now. My 8 y/o daughter started shooting with me this year.
Best of luck to your daughter and you.

It is great that you are teaching your daughter to shoot and hunt, if more Dad's would do it there would be even more young people in the shooting sports. I wish you both a successful hunt.

Good for you. Some folks think my brother and I were nuts teaching our girls how to hunt and shoot. Mine can also do a large animal :) skin it, gut it and bone it out just like I can.

Awesome job Dad and daughter! I can't wait to start having my son go with me. He's a couple of years away from being on the trigger side but did sit with me once this last turkey season.

Kudos to you two!

Back