Sight options for Uberti 1871, Rolling Block, .22LR

Pahoo

I recently bought an Uberti 1871 Rolling Block, in .22LR. and what a sweet thing it is. It came with a mounted Pedersoli High vernier, tang peep-sight. I have shot M/L's with short vernier peep sights but never a .22LR. Because of the stock drop, this long sight is applicable but it really sticks up high. ... :confused:

What other sights would you recommend for this rifle. I can go to a barrel mounted vernier-peep or a standard barrel mount buckhorn style from Pedersoli or Marbles. As usual, any and all input, is appreciated..... :confused:

Thanks and;
Be Safe !!!

What do you want it to do differently?

Most of the guys on the Sharps board recommend open sights for hunting.

For target shooting, so what if the staff sticks up high?

Barrel mount sight ???

What do you want it to do differently?
Most of the guys on the Sharps board recommend open sights for hunting.
For target shooting, so what if the staff sticks up high?
Well, then looks like I'm currently set up for target, for long range .22. That's fine but for average shooting, then I guess, I'll need to install a barrel mount sight of some kind. Currently, there is a blank in the barrel rear sight dovetail. Other than the usual Buckhorn types, I don't know if there are other options. .. :confused:
Take a look at the Taylors & Co website, as they have some shorter sights that might better suit it.
I did and even though I did not find what I think I'm looking for, I did see a whole bunch of other neat stuff and thank you for that link. ... :)

Thanks again and;
Be Safe !!!

Back