Sight Change ???

James L

Has anyone ever changed the sights on a Kimber?
I want to put night sights on my custom Royal.
The rear sight doesn't look to difficult, but I'm not sure about the front.
Any help appreciated.
------------------
Join the NRA and bring a couple of friends
Stay safe
Jim L.

James, the rear sight should be as easy as removing the old and replacing with the new one with maybe a slight touchup on the rear sight base in order for it to conform to the dovetail. You'll find that most sights are a bit oversize. I always recommend installing a dovetail front with night sights. The factory sights are staked in and not only require a special tool to install but the beating needed to stake in the sight can loosen the tritium insert. Most smiths would install the sights for you for around $25. Add $35 or so for cutting a front dovetail. George

Actually, the Kimbers come with a dovetailed, rather than staked, front sight. I have heard that the Kimber rear sights are frightfully tight in their dovetail. Brownells offers McCormick (Kimber) sights with tritium inserts in a 3-dot pattern (www.brownells.com). Richard Heinie offers his SlantPro sights in a model to fit the Kimber cuts with the tritium dots in his "straight-eight" configuration. I believe that Heinie is offering quick turnaround on installing them (www.heinie.com).

Rosco

Back