• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

sigforum disappeared?

brett30030

The website sigforum.com disappeared and is now just a spam place holder. Does anybody know what is going on with it?

Thanks,
Brett

I was just looking too. It appears that the domain name has expired or maybe "the eagle" has ****** in the wrong bowl of Wheaties?:confused:

Better check your address or something, I just clicked it on favorites and it came up for me. I heard hackers can hack sites now and make all the traffic go elsewhere, maybe that was happening-did you check the address that came up?

Clear the cookie

I was in the Sig Forum this morning. I left and then went back. When I went back, I got the "Network Solutions" crap. I cleared the Sig Forum cookie from my laptop, and rebooted. Now I'm back to the Sig Forum.

Google Sig Forum and use that link to get to the forum instead of using your stored bookmark.

This is what I did and I am back to the forum now, no problems.

Last edited:
Try Googling Sig Forum and use that link to get to the forum instead of using your stored bookmark. After I cleared my Sig Forum cookie and rebooted, that is how I went there and so far it is working no problem.

I added info this to my post above. Hope it works for ya'll.

I delected all cookies, deleted the website from my computer and googled sig forum. NO LUCK--redirected as others.:mad:

It's a domain error. They let it expire by accident. It has since been renewed but not before DNS propagation started. Short story - give it 24-48 hours before you get your sigforum.com goodness back.

I am trying to contact someone on the sig forum about a classified ad but I can't get my account there verified. I've tried to email the mods but have got no reply so far. If someone could PM this guy on my behalf and pass on my email address to him I'd appreciate it. PM me if you don't mind doing this and I'll give you the details.

Thanks in advance

David

Back