sigarms SHR-970

house

Hey guys can you tell me more about the this rifle. All i know if that is is interchangeable with diffrent barrels. How is this rifle? Also i was probley just going to get it in the 300win mag. des anybody know how they shoot andfution and how much the run? Are they worth the money? How about the barrel is it a bullbarrel or a light hunting barrel. all will help thank you.

House

There is a write-up of it in the May2000 issue of Gun Tests.

"Our recommendation: We like the SIG, and its modest $550 price. It shot weel, though it needed some minor trigger work..."

The trigger problem they mention: "The trigger pull was quite creepy, and broke at 4.5 pounds. There was very little overtravel..."

Judging by the photos, the stock from the trigger on back seems higher and straighter than other rifles. But, I've never held one so I'm not sure how it would feel when mounted.

One other problem they mention is the location and ease of the safety (a little too easy to operate). Cycling the bolt somehow causes the shooter to unintentionally move the safety to the safe position (as written). It's a little difficult to visualize without seeing it happen. Maybe it works like RWS's air rifles where the safety is activated whenever the action is cycled.

- Ron V.

I got to handle two SHR970s in .30-06 and 7mm Rem Mag this weekend. Dry-fire only, unfortunately.

Simply, I'm in lust. Creepy trigger? Maybe compared to a Hämmerli target .22. I *swore* the trigger was set to 2#, until the shop owner put them on a scale and proved that they were 4#. Safety "too easy" to operate and goes on when cycling the bolt? Bullfeathers. That gunragger needs to work on his technique.

I worked it probably 20 times and was more impressed every time. The gun mounts FAST, action is smooth like cream, and I think it's pretty as anything. My only quibble is the lack of iron sights.

The SHR970 is now on my shopping list.

Anyone heard anything about the STR-970? It is similar to the SHR-970 but it has a brake built into the barrel and they give a guarantee that it will shoot sub MOA about of the box. The only price I have found on it is Sigarms retail list which is $899. Anyone have anymore info on this rifle? I am interested in getting it and want to hear some responses.
Here's a review of it:
http://gunnery.net/sig2000-primer.html

markd

Back