Sig XL vs M&P 2.0 compact 3.6

Not those exact models. But I've shot several examples of Sig and the Smith 2.0 pistols. Out of the box the Sig's work better for me.

The grip is massively wider on the S&W at ever point and classically flat at the bottom where a rounded bottom conceals better, for me.

Without knowing what you might value, it's a point to know that doesn't translate on paper dimensions.

I have multiple P365s and none have let me down. I expect the M&P would be similar, but the size just isn't for the same purpose...even then, the P365 does a lot that "compacts" do just as well. The curved trigger on the P365 doesn't leave a whole lot of "more" to ask for.

I handled the Sig in the shop and it seems to really disappear in the hand so I wonder about the recoil. I would need some kind of grip sleeve if I went with the XL because it seems almost too thin and small. When I grab something, I like to feel the gun more and given the size of the 3.6, it seems like the weight would give a smoother shot with less felt recoil. Yet I haven't had the chance to find one so I can't know that. People that have, seem to like the M&P very much as well. Of the two, which has the longer grip?

I have had an XL since the line came out. I have ~3300 rd through it now. It has been one of the most reliable firearms I have owned and visually it doesn’t look like a pistol that has been shot that much, meaning the finish has held up well. I added Talon Pro grips and it made a big difference in terms of keeping the pistol from shifting in my hand. I recently was shooting at 50 yd at a IPSC BC steel target (12” wide by 23” tall) and I had no issue going 5/5 rapid fire. I know we have far better marksmen here than me, but for a micro compact pistol that’s pretty good, imo. I have also owned a number of M&Ps. I don’t find I shoot the XL any worse than the M&Ps I owned, and I find it conceals much easier.

Back