Sig vs H&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlmajors

Inactive
After i probably get that 8045, the next thing i'll be looking at is a new sig (226?) or a H&K, which model is the best in your opinions for each?

I'll be looking at the .40 or .45, not a 9mm fan. if either makes a 10mm i'd look at that too. But really want quality, reliability, and accuracy. Price range somewhere under $700

As of right now, the new 45 Super is going to be the up and coming, do all, end all, in pistol Magnum calibers. The 45 Super is going to be the BUZZ word in the next year when it comes to auto's. Move over 400 CorBon and 357 Sig, you are yesterdays news. I have read that energy levels of a factory 230 gr FMJ of almost 800 pound feet from the barrel. That is almost real 41 Magnum performance for a pistol cartridge.

I like the Sig P220, personal choice. :)

Robert

[This message has been edited by Robert the41MagFan (edited December 12, 1999).]

If you want to be able to shoot hot stuff, the HK is FAR stronger than the SIG... actually it is the ONLY stock 45 that is OK for the Tiron stuff without ANY factory mods necessary.

Ben

If you want to be able to shoot hot stuff, the HK is FAR stronger than the SIG... actually it is the ONLY stock 45 that is OK for the Triton stuff without ANY factory mods necessary.

Ben

I like the SIG P220 .45acp better than the HK USP .45acp for a number of reasons. This doesn't mean I don't like the USP, on the contrary, I do, I just like the P220 better. The biggest drawback to the USP, for me, is the amount of flex the frame allows when firing it. This flex has not been a problem where accuracy of the pistol is concerned. The flex is fatiguing to the wrists and forearms, more so than the P220, for the same amount of shooting. YMMV. I should clarify by stating that I am refering to extended range sessions, not taking a few shots and feeling pooped. Like I said, it doesn't diminish my ability to hit my target, it is just distracting after a while. (If you've been good this year, maybe Santa will let you get one of each! ;))

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Greetings, and the winner is? For me, the
Sig P220A in .45ACP. A workhorse of a gun.
Accurate, Durable, and most importantly,
HIGHLY RELIABLE !!! How many government's,
militaries, agencies, etc. use the USP?
Compare the list with Sig !!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan

Just because the gov doesn't use it doesn't mean it is not good. And since its inception the USP line of pistols have started to be adapted by many agencies, both DOD and civil. Either way though never had a problem with either of them I own, but the USP safety/decocker is in a better place for my hand.

Which do you shoot better? I prefer the SIG Sauer P series to the H&K USP line because I'm more accurate with them. I also think the DA/SA pulls are superior.

There are little things about the P220 that might mean much at the shop but later add to a lot. You can change the grips on the P220, wood or rubber. The P220 has a slimmer grip and that makes it easier to conceal (if legal CCW is in your future). The new P220s have a much stronger frame so I don't see how they can be weaker than a H&K. Lastly cusomer support. SIG Arms will do small things like answer their phones imediately and send out necessary small parts like psrings free of charge. Does H&K have this level of customer service?

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

zlmajors,
I dont have enough experience with H&K weapons(except the MP-5), so I wont comment on them.( I hear their an excellent choice.) However, I've been shooting Sigs for years. If its a 40cal. you choose, test the P226, p229, and the sig-pro 2340. For me, the p226 feels the best (best ergonomics), but the p229 was easier to conceal. Both very reliable and accurate.(but pricey)
If you chose the 45 cal. The p220 is the way to go. I carried the p220 on duty for about 5 years and even shot a little competition with it.(very reliable) My only complaint - Limited mag. capacity.
( I realize this is Sig vs HK, so please forgive for my next comment) A small group of us at work have transitioned to the Glock 21. I was skeptical about being unfaithful to Sig. But after putting 2000 rounds through it, Holy %$#@!!!! (sorry Sig, But The G-21 is my new girlfriend) What a gun!
Good Luck on your decision.
EK

[This message has been edited by ek127 (edited December 13, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ek127 (edited December 13, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back