Sig Tune Up via Sigarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Hi All,

My 220 recently broke the hammer return spring, so I was planning to send it back to Sig for warrenty work.

Browsing the gun rags one day, I looked at an article that mentioned a triger pull reduction from the factory. The next day I called Sgarms got an authorization number and off Mr. 220 went.

Received it back today and I am impressed. Foolishly I did not weigh the trigger before hand, but it was about 5 lbs SA and about 10 gritty lbs DA.

Will weigh it if anyone is interested, but the SA pull feels like a very clean 4 lbs (maybe less) and the DA pull is very smooth. I am very pleased with the service and would recommend this to anyone interested.

Giz

Giz:

How much does the trigger pull reduction cost....what's SIG's turnaround time running....I'm interested in the new weight if you don't mind checking it out...could you post SIGARMS website address?

Did the trigger reduction consist of merely replacing some springs or did a smith actually work on the piece?

Thanks much!
Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry, brain cramp. The cost was a total of $ 66 bucks. They received the gun on 7/9/99 and shipped it back on 8/2/99.

The detailed task was " smooth and lighten double action trigger pull".

I have not fired it yet, but extensive dry firing leads me to believe that the gun was indeed polished. They may have played with the springs, but I don't think so.

A nice touch is that they send you a print-out of the work that you can keep for additional resale value.

I thought very hard about "Actions By T" and may send a couple his way. (other makes) He was going to charge me more than twice the amount Sig did. I think he is good value for the money, especially as he recrowns your barrel, but the 220 grouped tighter than I can hold anyway. So, I couldn't see the point of "gilding the lily".

The address etc. is;

Sigarms
Corporate Park
Exeter NH 03833

(603) 772-2302

Giz

Giz/Mike in VA:

Thanks for the help. Haven't sent mine off to Teddy Jacobson yet...will probably do so in next week or so. Will give you a shooting report when they get back.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back