Sig Trigger Pull Smoothing?

Oldspeed

Hello,
I own a Sig P220 and a P228. To smooth and lighten up the trigger pull somewhat what parts whould I have to stone or polish? Any downside to this if I am carefull not to remove any metal and just smooth and polish?
Thanks

Oldspeed, I don't say much on triggers. You can smooth your pull by polishing the SIDES of the parts in the trigger to hammer drive train and the corresponding areas inside the frame where these parts rub. Wolff might sell a reduced power mainspring but if you want the engagement surfaces polished or the pull lightened, please, take it to a smith. George

Lest we forget, one TFLer took his P220 to a "reputable" smith in TX. The 220 went full auto, cracked the frame and had to be sent back to Sig. To their credit, while the damage was not attributable to the gun or its design, nor was there any liability on their part, Sig replaced the pistol for free. Lesson: Be careful and go slow. George gave some good advice. Stick to it.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

The other side of the coin is that Sig has a great trigger job available for $ 60.00. Sent my 220 in for this last year and I am very pleased with the results.

Giz

Back