Sig Sauer SSG 3000

mic007tfp

I was looking around and saw this cool looking rifle on the sigarms page. Does anyone know anything about it, and if it's available for civilian purchase?

------------------
You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherf**ker, motherf**ker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE."

- Jules

The SIG 3000 is an awesome rifle, as are all their rifle (especially those bolt guns!). These are expensive however (I've seen prices anywhere from $5K to $12K depending on condition, optics and, motivation of the seller).

If you look in the "Gun List" paper (similar to the "Shotgun News"), you will see a full page ad for an outfit called CCF. They are the only outfit I am aware of that routinely has had these in stock. These guys seem to stock the hottest European Sniper/Bolt rifles that are out in circulation. Right now, they seem to have the US market cornered if you desire the new German ERMA sniper rifle.

Hope this post helps and isn't too confusing (it's pretty early in the morning here ;) )

Sid

My friend uses his for deer-hunting.
Embarrassing moment: He set the trigger when he spotted a nice buck, but didn't fire. When he got back in the truck to return to camp, he opened the bolt. When he got back to camp, a nice buck stepped out, and my friend picked up his rifle and slammed the bolt closed. BLAM!! Slam-fired that puppy. The buck was last seen departing to parts elsewhere beyond a thin cloud of 4350 and a thick cloud of embarrassment.

With cheapo Norinco .308 stuff, I was easily able to knock over soup cans and soda cans from 250 yards, shooting standing over my Trooper's spare tire. I mention this to point-out its practical accuracy, not just its inherent accuracy.

Of course, that great Swarovski mil-dot scope helps a great deal...

Hey Long Path, do you know where and how much your friend got his SSG 3000 for? I saw the package offered on CCF (thanx Sid), but that $7,600 is too much for a recent college grad.

My buddy bought this one about 9 years ago, and he's got an FFL (and deals Class III; lots of fun toys!), so his deals are bound to be better. He spent about $3k for his at the time, though, as I recall.

Be advised that you're also going to put $1000 scope on it, too.

[This message has been edited by Long Path (edited July 22, 1999).]

Quality costs. In high end premium rifles, these sorts of prices are not that uncommon. Also, when you factor in inflation and currency flucuations, the price back then and today are probably pretty close.

Sid

Back